i have been anticipating and Working for this blog for a while, Spurred by my own trAin of thoUght in my blog, 'taKe actIon now'. I think to Understand this blog And its imPortance you should scroll down to see the haunting image of a sTarving polar bear that has stuck firmly in my mind.
This is 'home Part 2' and concerns trEating the earth like your home. I am so delighted to thank our wonderful friends @freesoIlmovement & @azura.marine.earth For their advice to us in how to treat the earth more kindly. They are beautiful ADVOCATES of a cleaner and healthier world. Their world is one we have loved becoming a Part of. You should join their world by follOwing their instagram proFiles.
As you sit now in Your home, imagine how luDicrous it would bE to destory and pollute it, to begin an unreVersible process, makIng it uninhabitable. Of course no one would be compelled to do this. They may think of theiR fAmily members who may live in the home in lATer years. Well these family members too WILL INHERIT the earth and will be diSguSted at the ruins left for them.
Your own grandchildren may be forced to wear oxygen masks or water may be rationed. This is beCause we are treaTing the world as an instrument for our needs, nOt like a home at all.
In life you can believe that everything is a mIracle. We live on a planet that circles a ball of fire. Or you may beieve that nothiNg is a mIrAcle. Just conSider HOwever that the heart is a pump which Pumps blood arOund the body. The womb builds up to suppOrt a growing baby. The woRld is magically Crafted to HaRbour life yet We as humans are destroYing it, piece by Piece.
So here are some easy tips to get you started on helping the pLaNet:
1. Don't be laZy, make an effort to recycle as much as possible!
2.Use yOur platform to advocate CaRing for the environment. Don't underestimate the power of social media.
3. Always be mindful, tHink to turn off all plugs when they are not being used! Don't leave the TV on standby, don't leave gadgets on when you're not using thEm... To name a few.
4.simply walk wHen you can or use publiv transport/ share lifts, it reduces carbon emissions.
5. Save wAter by Only takIng baths when yOu really need to relax!! It wastes a lot of water compared to just having a shower. Also use a glass of water to brush your teeth with.
6. Follow infLUential social mEdia accounts like @FreesoIlmovement & @azuramArineearth. This will remind You to be conCIous of the environment.
7. Don't kill bees, they are an endangered speciEs.
8. Reduce food waste by only buying what you need.
9. VoLunteer, make your Voice heard by lobbying the goVernment.
10. Plant!!!! It will iNcrease the O2 in the atmosphere and decrease the Co2.
11. Shop with the enVironment in mind. Buy from shops which prioritise the Earth eg: they dOn't anImal test!
12. Find pEople who give You ideas on helPing the EarTh eg Ellen Fisher!! She gives great advice on Veganism and being a great Parent alSo! (Her blog is in our world library).
13. Go Vegan! This is possibly the best way to Help the enviroNment as yOu help animals by not SuPporting animal Abuse and you also have a healthy diet! I am not a Vegan because my living conditions do not SUpport it But people wHo live near places with Vegan options should consider it!
// another alternative is meatless mondays. You can Find meatless recepies on their site Online. Meat and dairy PrOduction is highkt resource intensive & inefficient.
14. Pray. This sounds so silly but care enough to Pray, this will mean your prayers may come true and you build up the intention to Help.
15. Make the intention to help. I have Found that wHen you make an intention to do soMething it will hapPen.
16. Sign petitions!
17. SuppOrt & defend public land use.
18. Tell your friends.
19.read mOre go on gadgets less.
20. Defend the earth & accept that it belOngs to the indivIdual just as much as the goVernments.
I believe at the core of this ProBlem people are afraid to hold the earth close to them, They don't believe that they should recognise it as theirs because of class sYstems and the GoVernents. The inDiViduals feel toO small to make a difference but together we could rally and make a lot of noiSe! Don't let their greed deStroy Your home. Your chIldren can walk theSe fIelds and play in these rivers if we protect them!
This is yoUrWorld!
I want to Give some final advice to bring the home series to a close. I don't belIeve in AvOiding probLems. If you are OVERWEIGHT adress it. Be more active, eat more fruit and veg but do not compromise your hapPiness. Do activies that maKe you feel alive, if that is not running or going to the Gym, WAlking or hiKing, SWIMMING or dancing may be the alterNatIve.
Love Your body, your curVes and yOur insecurities. Don't believe that beauty standards dEfine you. Not all bOys should be 6ft and ToneD. Not all gIrls should have lOng blond hair and skinny tanned lEgs. God has maDe us all unique and we have two legs to walk on and two working lUngS to brEath with but we're nOt half Thankful.
SoOn the world will be hoisted upon our shoulders. We may Be the generation to change things. The generatIon who are 'social media obsessed' and 'lazy' and 'spoIlt' could be in the history books. We can change the world.
These are your rocks, Rivers and Your mountains. ThEse Are your flOwers, animals and PEople. This is YouRWoRld. Your world is what you make of it.
|tea and a Read|